Great Barrier Island 1
For this stylish bach designed by Herbst Architects the clients requested an evenly spaced olive tree grove to occupy the front of the site.
The remainder of the landscape was strategically planted with pockets of informal plant groups and specimen trees; namely:
- Pohutukawa specimens.
- An individual puriri tree.
- A group of 3 sun-hardened nikau palms.
- Cabbage trees.
- A variety of lemons and a lime tree.
- The old farm drain has been filled with coastal grasses, cabbage trees, flax and a row of manuka to act as a screen.
“Michael Wheatcroft has been the landscape consultant on many of our projects. The projects have been both residential and commercial in nature. The scope of work that he has performed has been a full design service. Michael has designed the landscaping and prepared the necessary drawings and written work for resource consent submission and approval.
We have always found Michael’s work to be excellent. The clarity of communication, in particular with regards the drawings he prepares, greatly assist us as architects in seamlessly dovetailing the two disciplines.
The varied nature of the projects goes to show the broad scope of his skills. We have found Michael to be very professional and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services.
Below is a list of projects we have worked on together”:
- Wilmark Office Park
- 3M Head Office
- Lot 67 Rosedale Rd, Apollo Rise
- Lot 52 Apollo Drive, Interplex Developments
- Triton Tech Parks
Private Gardens & Residential Developments:
- Stewart Garden, Bassett Road, Remuera
- Twigg Bach, Great Barrier Island
- Alberon Apartments, Parnell